- Make sure you are using a supported browser and operating system (see Supported Browsers and Operating Systems)
- If it doesn't work properly in one browser, try a different browser (e.g., if you having trouble with MS Internet Explorer, try using Firefox)
- Make sure to clear temporary internet items (cache, cookies) and sometimes, java caches (if the issue is related to the visual editor, virtual collaboration tools like chat)
- If it doesn't work on your computer, try another computer.
Clear Browser's Cache
Clearing the Browser's cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of web pages and programs.
- Wikihow.com: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
Clear Browser's Cookies
A cookie is a piece of information stored locally on your computer, typically to remember something about your session. Clearing the Browser's cookies forces the site to set a new cookie.
- Wikihow.com: How to Clear Your Browser's Cookies
Clear Java Cache
There are a few tools in Blackboard that use Java applets.
- WebEQ / Equation Editor
- Blackboard's Virtual Classroom/Chat
- Content Collection Multiple File Upload
Clearing the Java Plug-in cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of web pages and programs.